Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy, Happy New Year!

             

                   Welcome 2010!

         I don't know about you but I'm glad the new year is here! As a rule I don't make new years resolutions..... however this year I thought I would give it a try! So here it goes!
  • I resolve to keep my studio clean.
  • I resolve not to spend so much $ on stampin!
  • I resolve to eat less chocolate, pizza & junk !
  • I resolve to clean house before stampin!
   Thank goodness new years resolutions are never kept! Ok onto my card! I had the worst time trying to make a card today..... very frustrating! I had to put the paper down and back out of my studio very slowly! So I cleaned house, ate a little chocolate and had a cup a joe before I went back in to try again! Still not real happy, but it will do! My card is for the Color Dare Challenge... colors to be used are bashful blue, cameo coral and soft suede. My card base is soft suede layered with bashful blue. I used embossing folders to create the little squares. My sentiment is from the new set called "With all my Heart".
    I want to wish everyone a wonderful new year! May the good Lord bless your socks right off!

Hugs xxx
Patti
 

14 comments:

craftieodmae said...

I love it!!!! Good luck with your resolutions!

Payne Holler Cards said...

I'm gigglin at your resolutions!!! let us know how long they last....ROFLOL...ok (cough cough) I wish you the BEST on keeping those resolutions! i should strive to do the same.....................see....I'm trying..big smile here :)))

btw, your card is beautiful!!!

Lexxie said...

Found you via PTW-love your card, especially the different textures you've incorporated into the design. Fab work!
Sarita xx

Lynn Put said...

Your crackin me up reading this post of yours, lol. I try not to make too many resolutions because your right most of the time ya never stick to them.
Your card is very pretty! I love all of the texture with the embossing!

Lori said...

Good thing you kept coming back, this baby turned out spectacular! I'm lovin' the various textures, & layers.

Deb said...

Oh my gosh Patti, those don't sound like fun resolutions at all!!!!!!!! :-)
Perhaps keeping the studio clean but really ~ spending LESS on stamping??? oh and not alot of chocolate??? And well, dust can keep, but stamping cannot! haha I have to admit, they are the same resolutions I would make. I sure hope you can keep them, I don't know that I would be able to! :-)

On a serious note, I really love this card, especially the colours. I'll have to click the link of that challenge. Thanks for sharing!!

Carol said...

Wow, this is great! It was worth the wait.....I missed you this morning. Busy day today, but plan to stamp tomorrow. I'm liking the EF squares, a great look and easy too.

Unknown said...

WOW! This is gorgeous. I love the embossing folders you used and the layering on the sentiment...I am soooo going to case this card :) Thanks so much for joining us at The Color Dare this week.

Seongsook Duncan said...

Oh, Patti,

You are my inspiration as always. I enjoy reading your post. Short and clear and warm. As you might aware, I should use my translator (Korean to English, English to Korean) in my brain whenever I write my thoughts and ideas that I want to share or even read someone's long~ posting, it slows me down.

By the way, you made me so relieved this morning. I've been struggling for organizing my crafting room too. Like Linda said I also have to say the same I wish you the BEST on keeping those resolutions! Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks for sharing your ideas and beautiful cards. Happy New Year!

Mary said...

Have you been peeking at my resolution list? I must say I haven't had pizza yet! I like your card. You always do a good job....Happy New Year!

Unknown said...

Ok, this is just too cute!!! I love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The different embossing folders work perfectly!

Thanks for playing in the Color Dare

Lori said...

Oh my gosh, this is AWESOME! What is not to love about this card? The embossing is great! Love the flourishes and the sentiment. Perfect use of the colors. Thanks for joining us at the Color Dare!
Lori
CD DT

Nina said...

oh wowzer, love this. I just love how much detail those embossing folders realy bring to a card, and yet they are so easy peasy.. this card is stunning.. love it!

Carol A said...

Patti! I don't know why you don't like this card! I saw it in your STV gallery and had to click on your blog to read the dets! I love it! Love all the texture! Gonna go case it!!! You crack me up girl...making resolutions that you have no intention of keeping!!! Really glad that I came here. Didn't know you are a hair dresser! Have a great day!