Saturday, November 14, 2009

Acetate Birthday


Good Afternoon!

Bet you were wondering if I was going to show up today! I had to work early and have been busy since I got home! My card today is for Crazy 4 Challenges and Jugs 7. Crazy 4 challenges wanted acetate and Jugs wanted embossing and happy birthday. I have a granddaughter's birthday coming up so this was the perfect combination. Katie will be 15 on Monday. Amazing..... she was only 4 when I married her grandpa! Time fly's when your gettin old! LOL! My card base is acetate from taste of textiles. I used not quite navy and embossed it with the birthday folder. My ribbon is from walmart.

I have a client whom I will call the 6 haired wonder ..
his wife named him that! :>) Well the 6 haired wonder can build things out of wood! I saw a picture of an ink , reinker and marker storage unit on ebay I liked. So Bill, I mean the 6 haired wonder built me one. It cost me 11 haircuts. How cool is that? Wanna see a picture? Don't drool on your computer.... that would be really messy!


I put my pads and markers in color families. That way maybe I can learn to color and blend like the big girls! My sister Terri told me she did that with her markers. Great idea! That's why she is the big sister! LOL! Well I'm off to play with paper!

Have your self a great evening!
Patti

14 comments:

craftieodmae said...

Your card is fantastic and the little cabinet is awesome!!!!

Gloria Westerman said...

Wow Patii you must be really loved and a great hair styles to be able to get that.
I love the card and I think you granddaughter will love it too...........

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Heck, I would gnaw his six hairs off in my teeth for a sweet ink pad holder like that! Way to barter, gf! Oh, and you made an awesome card too! LOL!

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty card Patti! That lil' yellow flower just pops right off that beautifully blue dry embossed background! Thank you for playing along with JUGS challenge - I hope you join us next Saturday for another fun color challenge! :)

Unknown said...

What fun cheery colors - great design! Happy birthday to your granddaughter too!

Thanks for playing along at the JUGS Challenge this week -- hope you'll be back to play again next Saturday!!

Lisa Kind said...

First of all, you are so lucky to get that storage system! They are soooo cool!

Second, I love your card! So pretty and fresh, and your ribbon is beautiful! Thanks for playing our JUGs challenge!

StampOwl said...

great card

AKiteFlier said...

Oh my this is just super fresh and fun - great colors - nice ribbon and WHAT a storage system! Thanks SO MUCH for playing along with Just Us Girls. Hope to see you again next week for our next challenge!

Andrea M said...

This is so pretty! I LOVE that ribbon! Gorgeous :) Great take on the challenge :)

Kym Weber said...

Gorgeous card, Patti! Love the dp and ribbon!

Lori said...

This is great! Love the colors, and ribbon. The acetate is polka dot, right? Love that too. Ok, I'm getting my keyboard all wet now! He did a beautiful job, didn't he.

Sue Lelli said...

I am drooling - over your card AND the stamp pad holder! Both terrific!

Payne Holler Cards said...

wow - where can I find acetate that is polka dot? your colors and ribbon are perfect match!
Mary Anne had me ROFLOL...so since she's already willing to cut his hair with her teeth...how about I pay for his next 11 haircuts? would that get me one LOL...just kidding, know he did this because YOU are such a sweetie! and boy did he do a great job..let him know we are all drooling!

Selma said...

Beautiful card Patti. What a fabulous storage cabinet. Mary Anne is so funny!!!! I too like to organize by color families. Easier to find colors.